- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. dry sherry
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3/4 tsp. pink meals coloring
- 1/4 tsp. Chinese language 5 spice powder
- 1 2-lb. slab spareribs, ideally St. Louis fashion,
- Whisk collectively hoisin, soy, sherry, garlic, sugar, meals coloring, and spice powder in a big bowl. Add ribs; toss to coat with marinade. Put aside, coated with plastic wrap, to let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Warmth oven to 350°. Organize a baking rack on prime of a rimmed, foil-lined sheet pan. Take away ribs from marinade (reserve marinade); organize on the rack, meat (not bone) facet up. Place pan on center rack of oven; pour in sufficient water that it reaches midway up the perimeters of the pan, ensuring the water doesn’t contact the ribs. Bake ribs for 35 minutes. Baste ribs with reserved marinade; flip and baste once more. Bake for 35 minutes extra. (Add extra water to pan if it dries up.) Elevate warmth to 450°. Flip ribs once more; baste with remaining marinade. Proceed baking till ribs are glazed, browned, and tender, about 20 minutes extra. Serve with Chinese language mustard or duck sauce, should you like.