- 6 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 cups hen or vegetable inventory
- 1 tablespoon Chinese language rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon grated contemporary ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to style)
- 1/4 teaspoon floor white pepper (or to style)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 3 tablespoons water
- 1 giant egg
- handful thinly sliced inexperienced onion
- In a medium saucepan over excessive warmth, add the mushrooms, hen inventory, rice wine and ginger and convey to a boil. Scale back the warmth to a simmer and stir within the salt and pepper.
- Add the cornstarch combination to the simmering soup and stir till the soup has barely thickened (sufficient to coat the again of a spoon).
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg flippantly with a fork. Slowly pour the egg into the soup in a gradual stream whereas continuouslly stirring with a ladle. The egg ought to cook dinner instantly Flip off the warmth to forestall from overcooking the egg. Sprinkle the inexperienced onions on high and serve.