- 2 tablespoons darkish soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mild soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons xiao hsing wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese language 5 spice
- 1 teaspoon garlic (grated, non-obligatory)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (grated, non-obligatory)
- 1 (2 pound) pork butt or shoulder (lower into lengthy slices about 1 inch thick)
- Combine all the elements, brush half of the combination over the pork and let marinate, within the fridge, for just a few hours to over evening.
- Roast in a preheated 350F/180C oven for half-hour.
- Flip, marinate and roast for an additional half-hour.
- Activate the broiler and broil for five minutes on either side.
- Let relaxation for 10 minutes, slice thinly and serve with remaining sauce.